Every two weeks, Beta members get a new release with exciting updates. Check back here to see what's new in the fastest-growing 3D software on the market.
1. Saved 3D Views. You can now save your 3D views, including camera position, field of view, and time of day. Use these saved views to efficiently find working views, or give presentations of your design!
2. Structurally-aware mitering. We've improved the mitering between layered assemblies to be more realistic, and help our auto-drafting algorithms locate assemblies' top- or face-of-structure.
3. Improvements-in-progress. We're hard at work preparing our Concept Plans to be generalized into all 21 drawing series offered in Modumate, and improving the parametric editing of Walls/Floors/Roofs.
1. Auto-Concept Plans. Our first auto-drafting module! You can place any number of Cut Planes in the scene, then press "Auto-Concept Plans" and a PDF will be created with one Cut Plane and room legend on every page.
2. Visual Style redesign. Object creation tools have 3D icons, and other tools have 2D icons - and we've cleaned up their organization.
3. Room Menu. You can view your project's Rooms via the Room tool. You can assign them a Profile from the comprehensive list we've created. They will keep their labels in your Concept Plans.
1. Additional stability. 4 categories of Meta-Plane crashes have been resolved; FF&E automatically re-orient themselves when moved onto a new parent.
2. Join Edges. When modeling Meta-Planes, the Join tool now allows you to join one edge with another, removing the extra vertex in between. This helps keep your Meta-Graph clean!
3. Under construction: We're hard at work on A) a big update to the Assembly Configurator, and B) our first auto-drafting deliverable, Auto-Concept Plans! These features are coming next release.
1. Beams and Columns. You can now create Beams and Columns! They can either be painted onto Meta-Edges, or drawn from scratch, which creates a Meta-Edge.
2. Assembly Configurator Redesign. We've redesigned how our BIM model handles object definitions - it's a work in progress, but you can see the beginning of our restructure in the Beams/Columns tool!
3. Assembly Configurator Redesign. We've redesigned how our BIM model handles object definitions - it's a work in progress, but you can see the beginning of our restructure in the Beams/Columns tool!
1. WASD first-person walkthrough. You can now walk around the model. Just click the yellow Character to toggle gravity on your character (make sure you're over a solid surface!), then hold right-click and press WASD to look and walk around.
2. Stairs. You can now apply Stairs to any sloped Meta-Plane, or create them via a multi-click process to specify Length, Height, and Width!
3. Drawing Planes. You can now place any number of drawing planes into the scene, which when selected will cut the building's walls and floors! You can show or hide all Drawing Planes using the switch to the right of the Tool. This tool is the backbone of our auto-drafting features.
1. WASDEQ flying. In addition to Pan/Orbit/Zoom, you can now fly around your model. Simply hold right-click and press WASDEQ to fly and look around.
2. New main toolbar. We've rearranged Modumate's object creation and modification tools to be clearer, easier-to-use, and 2020 fresh :)
3. New object marketplace. You can now shop for objects in a big beautiful library, with 3x bigger icons than before.
1. Meta-Planes. All spatial separators are now backed by a Meta-Plane, and their connections can be easily stretched and reconfigured.
2. Mitering. When walls, floors, roofs, ceilings, and other layered assemblies intersect, they now miter at a clean angle.
3. Drawing vertically. Users can draw multi-story buildings and any meta-plane operations with vertical (Z-axis) components.
This month only, get 6 months of risk-free Modumate and amazing discounts on our auto-drafting upgrades.Get Modumate risk-free
Simple, risk-free, and an amazing deal, considering you’re spending $2000+/yr on other software, and tens of thousands on manual drafting labor.
But this offer won’t last long - at the end of March, the price will rise and discounts will drop. So if you’re an architect who wants huge productivity gains, more gorgeous 3D design and less drafting, then join Modumate today!